Amazing Woman in Ag: BreeAnn

We are so excited to introduce you to BreeAnn! She is part of her family business called Brinkley Auctions. They are Oklahoma's largest tractor and farm machinery auction! They have been operating for forty years. BreeAnn has been involved in the farm life since she was little. She now helps to run the auctions with her grandfather, "Poppy." Poppy is the boss, BreeAnn is the little boss.

breeann2

Started loving tractors at a young age!

BreeAnn has always been involved in agriculture. Her grandfather started her family's business. He was an ag teacher until he decided to trade in his teaching for auctioneering. BreeAnn's father, Brett Brinkley, grew up with her grandfather's business. Her father began taking interest in the auctions and agriculture at a young age. BreeAnn lost her father to a plane crash at four months old, but her grandfather took over. She grew up surrounded be agriculture just as her father did. She participated in FFA and loved to show livestock. After she graduated college, she came back to the family business. "Growing up at the auction and being born into a tractor selling, livestock showing family, it is in my blood. I love what I do now. I sell tractors daily and handle the advertising for Brinkley Auctions."

Breeann3

Her favorite thing about the auctions is meeting all kinds of people. People from all over the US have come to their family auction, even some from outside the US. A few celebrities, including Toby Keith and Mel McDaniel, have purchased equipment from their auctions. "Interacting with farmers across the world is truly a rewarding experience. It makes me happy to know that the tractor or piece of equipment that I sold to a farmer will be used in the production of farming. Farmers are very important to our world, they allow us to have the necessities we need to survive. My job is to help the farmers find the right tractor or equipment to make their job much easier."

breeann4

While we know that women in agriculture are becoming more prevalent, it's still a challenge! "Not only am I a woman, but I am very petite and I am young. Some men find it hard to do business with a woman. I feel like some are hesitant to call or come look at a tractor because they feel like I lack experience. If I can just get them to give me a chance, they'd realize that I do have the experience from growing up in agriculture." She enjoys surprising people with her knowledge of the industry, by being a woman in agriculture that knows what she's doing.

breeann6

BreeAnn said, "Society assumes that men are the farmers and women are the home makers. Now you see more and more women farmers, and there is no limit to what a woman can do in agriculture. If we can get the word out that women can be involved in agriculture, we may encourage women to take a stand for agriculture." BreeAnn believes women can fit into agriculture and she tries to be an example for other women in ag. "I encourage all women to do what they believe in even if it is a man's job, look at how far agriculture has come over the years. Anything is possible if you believe in yourself." Amen!

Thanks to BreeAnn for being one of our women in agriculture!

Breeann5

If you know an amazing woman in ag (including yourself), email us at info@pinktractor.com!

Comments

Gail Woolsey - Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 4:45:14 PM
Good Article, we are very proud of BreeAnn. She is very knowledgeable about tractors, she picks up fast and she can sell a Tractor in a heart beat. They might not want to talk to a Woman , but once they meet her and talk with her their sold, they are buying a Tractor.
penny - Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 10:38:30 PM
She is amazing!!! Super proud of my niece!!!!!!!!
Z ANN Williams annwill70@att.net - Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 10:48:25 PM
We are proud of the woman you have become and you are doing a great job and your grandparents are so proud that you have joined the company buisness !!
Peggy Owens - Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 11:02:48 PM
BreeAnn is a real nice women. My husband works with her and she works real hard at what she does
Donald G. Ray - Friday, September 26, 2014 at 8:25:47 AM
BreeAnn Is a very capable young lady. She has been involved in Ag all her life. As a past administrator at the school she attended I have observed her as she excelled in our Vo-Ag program. She was very successful and in the leadership. I am very proud of her accomplishments and she will do well in in auction and sales business.
Ken Kennington - Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 8:22:21 AM
Breann Campbell (Brinkley ) is truly an amazing young lady, her and her husband very active in their church as well as our community
Le'Erin Harmon - Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 9:13:10 AM
So proud of Bree. It takes a real woman to pull off selling tractors and farm equipment while at the same time looking like a supermodel. This sweet girl has it all.
Paula Willis - Monday, September 29, 2014 at 11:28:01 AM
My beautiful daughter..she is an amazing woman...I am so proud of her!

You may also like:

Shine a Spotlight on Women in Agriculture

Know a female farmer, rancher or agriculture professional who'd should be featured in a future issue?

Being a First Time Farm Girl

On a farm, the best way to learn it is by doing it. Payton tells us her tips on learning as a first time farm girl!

7 Farm Lessons I Learned the Hard Way

Caitlin shares seven farm lessons she learned the hard way! Can you relate?

Amazing Woman in Ag: Dr. Lauren Ledbetter Griffeth

Introducing a new face - Dr. Lauren. She will be joining us to provide leadership information and tips for women in agriculture based on her experience as an extension leadership specialist.

Celebrating Women in Ag

Today we are celebrating women in ag with some of our favorites.

Farm Girl Favorites

We share a lot of tips, stories and information with our readers. These are the farm girl favorites - the top 7 articles from the last year.

The Best Farm Girl Tips

This year, we shared a lot of farm girl tips, from the funny and silly ones to the serious and helpful ones. Here are a few of our favorite farm girl tips.

Jolene's Best Tips for Women in Ag

Start off on the right foot with some quick reminders that will give you confidence and strength in the coming months to help you be your best this year!

Amazing Woman in Ag: Elizabeth

Meet Elizabeth, a dairy farmer from North Carolina.

Amazing Woman in Ag: Ashley

Meet amazing woman in ag Ashley, who is a dairy farmer in Michigan!